Healthy eating is not all about starving yourself, staying thin and depriving yourself of foods that make you happy. Rather, healthy eating is when you eat what improves your health, stabilizes your mood and makes you feel great. So if you are one of those confused by all the contradicting healthy eating and healthy food advice out there, you are not alone.
In this article, I will explain simple tips that can help you cut through the stress and confusion associated with healthy eating and healthy food.
What is Healthy Eating?
Eating a healthy diet does not really have to be too complicated and difficult. Though some foods or diets out there have been believed to have nutritional benefits but it’s definitely your dietary routine that matters.
The foundation of healthy eating should be to replace processed food with natural foods when needed. This is because natural foods gives your lifestyle a good shape.
Healthy Eating – What to Eat
When trying to cultivate a healthy diet habit, you should only eat natural foods and totally abstain from processed foods.
- Meat: Eat Beef, lamb, pork, chicken, etc.
- Fish: Fishes are very healthy, fulfilling and rich in omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients.
- Eggs: Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. The yolk is the most nutritious.
- Vegetables: Eat vegetables daily, make it a habit.
- Fruits: Fruits taste good and are rich in fiber and vitamin C.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc. Eat moderately if you are trying to lose weight.
- Potatoes: Eat moderately if you are trying to lose weight.
- Fats and oils: Olive oil, butter, lard, etc.
Healthy Eating – What Not to Eat
You should limit the following foods.
- Sugar: Processed sugar is addictive, and leads to diseases like obesity, diabetes etc.
- Grains: Healthier grains like rice and oats are fine if you are not on a weight loss plan.
- Seed and vegetable oils: Soybean oil, corn oil and some others.
- Trans fats: They are found in some processed foods and are unhealthy.
- Artificial sweeteners: If you must use sweeteners, choose Stevia.
- Highly processed foods: Highly processed foods are usually low in nutrients and high in unhealthy and unnatural chemicals.
You must read ingredient lists. You’ll be surprised at the amount of “health foods” that can contain sugar, wheat and other harmful ingredients.
Thanks for taking out your valued time to read this blog post about healthy eating. You can take a stroll around this blog, you will sure find more interesting topics.
Spread the word today and tell your friends about Ainefield.com by sharing these article. You might be helping someone out there.