If you are one those asking questions on how to create a Hotmail email account then you are in luck today. In this article, I will teach you a step-by-step guide to create a Hotmail email account.
If you have used a Microsoft account before, you can use the same username and password for an email account with Hotmail now known as Outlook.com. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, it takes just few minutes to create a Hotmail email account.
With a new Hotmail account, you can manage your email, calendar, tasks, and contacts from anywhere so far as you have access to internet connection.
How to create a Hotmail email account
To create a Hotmail email account at Outlook.com:
- Visit hotmail.com sign-up screen in your computer browser and click Create Account at the top of the screen.
- Enter your first and last names in the fields provided.
- Enter your preferred username — the part of the email address that comes before @outlook.com.
- Click the arrow at the far right of the username field to change the domain from the default outlook.com to hotmail.com if you prefer a Hotmail address.
- Enter and then re-enter your preferred password. Choose a password that you can easily remember.
- Enter your birthday in the field provided and make an optional gender selection if you want to include this information.
- Put your phone number and an alternate email address, which Microsoft uses to keep your account secure.
- Type the characters from the CAPTCHA
- Click Create Account.
Now you can open your new Hotmail account on the web or set it up for access in email programs on computers and mobile devices. You are done! You have just created a new Hotmail email account.
Difference between Outlook.com & Hotmail.com
In the year 1996, Microsoft bought Hotmail. The email service was severally changed to many names which included MSN Hotmail and Windows Live Hotmail. The final version of Hotmail was released in 2011. Outlook.com replaced Hotmail in 2013. At that time, people who had accounts with Hotmail were given the opportunity to maintain their Hotmail email addresses and use them with Outlook.com. You can still get a new Hotmail.com email address when you go through the Outlook.com sign-up process.
See Also… How to Use WhatsApp on PC