Here, I will be taking you through on how to create and manage multiple Instagram accounts, Add Instagram Account and Switch between Multiple Accounts on your iPhone Device.
With the need to keep pace with trends on the media and social space now, being able to sign up and manage multiple Instagram accounts whether for personal or business reason becomes necessary.
Why you need Multiple Instagram Accounts – Listed below are a few reasons you may be needing a multiple Instagram Accounts.
- For your business brand.
- For customer interactions and inquiries.
- To separate personal and business interest.
- Multiple Instagram Accounts will help you manage and control your social media circle.
- To satisfy different target audience through the same brand.
- For managing accounts in your role as a social media manager etc.
The function of Multiple Instagram accounts is to give the user the ability to do the above-mentioned and more easily by just switching through accounts. You get to manage these accounts by simply signing-in each one of the accounts without logging out the original account. However, each of the added accounts must have separate email address.
The functionality of Multiple Instagram accounts is a handy tool as it makes managing your accounts for particular purposes less cumbersome.
Here is a detailed step on how to create and manage a second or Multiple Instagram accounts.
How to Create a Second Instagram Account with iPhone
To link your primary Instagram account to a new Instagram account on your iPhone device, below are a few steps to follow.
- Tap open the Instagram app and view your profile
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner, to open “Settings” within Instagram
- Scroll down to the bottom and Click “Add Account”
- Move to the bottom of the page and click “Sign Up”.
At this point, you will see the option to sign up using Facebook, Phone or Email. If your primary account was registered with Facebook, you will by default allowed to sign up with either your phone or email.
Also note to “Sign Up with Phone or Email” for your second account, the email address must be different. Alternatively, you can use your phone number.
Note: Making use of an email, a confirmation is required to authenticate and sync your account. This is done by opening the email sent by Instagram and choosing to confirm your email address. Using a phone number, you will be required to confirm and authenticate your phone number by entering the verification number which will be sent immediately to your iPhone. Click “Next”, after you must have entered the verification code.
- At this point, you can type in your name, add a profile photo and create a unique password. After you have done this, click “Next”
- Creating a Username. You can choose to go either formal or informal in your choice of username. But whichever way you choose to go be sure to make it unique as this becomes your Instagram handle (@ Username). However, not to worry or feel sad about your choice because you get to change this whenever you deem fit. Instagram gives you username suggestions base on the name keyed in. You can randomly get more suggestions by click X or the circular arrow next to the check mark. A unique username shows green checkmark while a not so unique username shows grey X.
Note: After you have chosen an Instagram username and handle of your choice, click “Next”
- Thereafter, you will receive a request if you want to connect to Facebook. If you are already connected to Facebook through your other Instagram account or wish not to link your new account to Facebook, click “Skip”.
Connecting your Facebook allow Instagram to search contacts and show you contacts already on Instagram you might wish to follow. To allow, you either click “Search for Contacts or skip”
- Finally is the “Discover People Page”. Where you follow anyone you wish to and click “Done”
Steps to Add an Account on Instagram
The following are how to add extra Instagram accounts to your Instagram app on your iPhone device.
- Tap open the Instagram app and view your profile.
- Go to the gear icon at the upper right corner to open “Settings” on Instagram.
- Navigate to the bottom and Click “Add Account”.
- Sign in to your account by Clicking “Login”.
Use your Facebook to login, if you have an account already registered with Facebook.
It is very important to note at this point that, you can repeat this process to add and manage as many as five accounts as we only used two for easy understanding.
Switching Between Multiple Instagram Accounts
Lastly, how you can switch between your Multiple Instagram accounts.
- Go to your Instagram profile page, click on your username at the top.
- A drop-down list of all your Instagram accounts opens.
- Select the account you want to switch to.
Following these steps you are in complete control in terms of adding and managing your multiple accounts on Instagram using your iPhone device, whether for business or personal needs.
Thanks for taking out your valued time to read this blog post about Managing Multiple Instagram Accounts. You can take a stroll around this blog, you will sure see more interesting topics.
Read Also: Turn off Comments on your Instagram Posts
Spread the word today and tell your friends about Ainefield.com by sharing these article. You might be helping someone out there.